Wednesday, June 27, 2018

CBS Sucks

Ok, so I watch mostly CBS shows these days because I have CBS and Hulu on my computer and no other TV access. Actually, except for a few days spent watching friend's homes, it's been more than two years. I miss some show on BBS America and Syfy and a few others, but there are more than enough shows on CBS and Hulu to fill the limited time I have for TV. So when I say CBS sucks, I am mostly reacting to "CBS Cares" and the simple fact that they are canceling three shows I watched. That's not caring. Canceling shows is the suckiest thing a network can do. It's disrescpectful to artists and audiences to not invest a few more dollars (relatiely) to create at least once finale so the show, the artists, and the audience can feel the network has an ounce of respect for them, or us, even.

No network is better, but I only have CBS to bitch about these days.

So Scorpion is the one I'll miss. Dorky geniuses and the eye candy were fun, even though the writers flat out sucked and relied on a formula that required so much suspended logic it was a cartoon. I'll miss Zoo because it had an interesting premise even when the plot was forced to typical super-villian proportions. I wish they'd have just tried to actually deal with an evolutionary shift without personalizing an evil mastermind, because the shift is going to come eventually anyway.The writers did not have enough imagination to enter that reality, alas. Then there's Wisdom of the Crowd, which also had a good premise and was failed by writers with limited imaginations. Unfortunately, even the best shows stink sometimes.

Ransom is still on the chopping block and I won't miss it much, but I am watching it because there's nothing else among the shows I d watch on except Instinct, which is another new show with a touch of Elementary, but it breaks the mold with a gay lead character and I like expanding the rigid norms (why do you think science fiction is my favorite genre?). The writers are not bad. either.

So what do I watch?

Of course you just must know, right?

Insist a little? lol Big Bang Theory, Bull, Criminal Minds, Elementary, MacGyver, NCIS, NCIS:LA, NCIS:NO, Star Trek: Discovery, Young Sheldon and more gone and then, primarily thanks to curiosity and self-induced boredom, new ones I'll check out are God Friended Me, Happy Together, Murphy Brown, Magnum PI, FBI.

Well, you asked.

I may check out Salvation, though the title suggests religion and there's way too much religion in the physical (or what we call real) world for me to want to watch it in my fictional entertainment. I don't enjoy watching war movies either. I push past the macho nationalism, blind faith patriotism, and self-righteousness (and ignore the religious references as well as I can) in order to relate to characters and let them become family in my mind. It doesn't happen often, but it's fun when it does.

Sure, I could go on and on about why I watch what I watch and how I relate in my mind, but then, the title of this entry doesn't point in that direction, now does it? Besides, I'm distracted by Hamilton's Pharmacopeia. I remember Qualudes. You know I do, because of the capital Q. Humans minds are so clogged with fears.

The serpent in the bible is an alien? (wha Lilith fair?... blame Hulu lol).

Not just abalone!

Narf lol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment